Open Call for Participants | Cassettes 100 by José Maceda
Image courtesy of the UP Center for Ethnomusicology.
The Gallery is looking for members of the public to be part of the Singapore premiere of José Maceda’s Cassettes 100 (1971), happening on 23 November 2019 at 3pm. The 30-minute performance will involve 100 performers roving the Gallery in a one-time-only showcase where ritual meets the avant-garde. This edition of Cassettes 100 is directed by Dr Jonas Baes, choreographed by Elizabeth de Roza and will be filmed by Sherman Ong.
We are looking for 90 participants to be section members. The section members will be led by 10 section leaders in a mass movement across the Gallery, accompanied by pre-recorded tracks of instruments, voices and sounds indigenous to the Philippines.
Participants can be of any age, and do not require any dance experience or ability to take part. All participants will have to attend two rehearsals before the performance date, and will receive a $50 honorarium for their time.
The schedule for participants is as follows:
• Thu 14 Nov 2019, 7.15−9.15pm: Rehearsal with choreographer Elizabeth de Roza
• Thu 21 Nov 2019, 7.15−9.15pm: Dress rehearsal with director Dr Jonas Baes and choreographer Elizabeth de Roza
• Sat 23 Nov 2019, 3pm: Performance
To sign-up for the programme, fill in our Participation Form (if you are aged 16 and above) or the Indemnity Form (if you are below the age of 16) and e-mail the completed softcopy to Daryl Yam, Assistant Manager (Programmes) at email@example.com by Thu 31 Oct, 11.59pm.
For full details on the programme, download our Fact Sheet on José Maceda’s Cassettes 100 below.
Available for download:
• For those 16 years and above: Participation Form.pdf
• For those below 16 years: Indemnity Form.pdf
• For full details on the programme: Fact Sheet on José Maceda’s Cassettes 100.pdf