Day Out@Esplanade: The Science of Art
Day Out @ Esplanade is a half-day general arts exposure experience conducted in various venues at Esplanade.
Students will discover how science and art influence each other and see the impact one has on the other through the various programs: an interactive outdoor electronic music performance by Syndicate, a participatory tour of Esplanade Concert Hall and a guided visual arts experiences led by youth docents.
Performance: Bleeps & Bloops by Syndicate
- Develop an awareness of and appreciation for electronic music
- Gain an understanding of the building blocks of electronic music
- Identify basic effects used to embellish electronic music
- Recognise different technology-enabled devices that can be used to create electronic music
Concert Hall Tour
- Gain an awareness of Esplanade’s architecture and history
- Gain an awareness of the different acoustic features of the Esplanade Concert Hall
Visual Arts Trail
- Identify and differentiate visual qualities from the art installations
- Develop skills in observation and information gathering
- Discuss artworks using basic art vocabulary